Sunday 29 June 2008

Forget About Your House Of Cards


Radiohead + Bat For Lashes
Victoria Park, London
25/06/2008


After a mission from Stratford to Victoria Park in London, with a few cans to drink on the way, we completely missed Bat For Lashes, which I wasn't too fussed about as have seen her before, and she's quite depressing/dull/annoying.

Radiohead came on about 8.15, and played an amazing 2 hour set, with the majority being tracks off In Rainbows, with House of Cards and Bodysnatchers being my high lights from the album. The rest of the set was made up of a mix really... 2+2=5, Everything In Its Right Place, Lucky, The National Anthem, No Surprises to name a few... the encore which included The Bends, Karma Police, My Iron Lung and Paranoid Android was epic.

I can't really put into words just how good this gig was. The atmosphere was brilliant, except perhaps the gaggles of TopShop indie girls about... "oh.my.goddd, someone just spilt BEER on my fuckin' Marc Jacobs purrrse". SHUT UP.

Quite possibly the best gig of my life. Even though I say this about every good gig, this one actually is my new number 1, knocking off The Libertines at Brixton in 2004 off its pedestal.

No comments: