Wednesday 26 March 2008

With A Little Bit'a Gold And A Pager...

After wallowing in self-despair with Lemsip as my only friend and popping more pills than Shaun Ryder and Bez put together, I have now fully recovered from my throat horridness.

Getting ill was kind of a good thing, as I was able to go home and on a downloading binge. Which is where I discovered these amazing songs and bands.

She & Him - Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?

Kind of acoustic folk, some songs more downbeat and some more upbeat. Their album Volume One is one of the best I've heard this year so far.

Suburban Kids With Biblical Names - Rent A Wreck

Really loving SKWBN at the moment. This song is one of their better I think. Or maybe it's just the kind of stuff I like. Make your own judgment.

The Cool Kids - Gold and a Pager

Obviously a line taken from NWA's Fuck Tha Police, but read about them in the paper and decided to check them out. Apparently they were one of the best acts at SXSW. Original 80's style hip hop and am loving them sick.

M.I.A vs Battles - Boys Atlas (Diplo Remix)

Obviously everyone has been creaming about this for ages, but just in case you hadn't heard it.


Also been listening to The Whip's album, X Marks Destination, which sadly doesn't include their cover of that early 00's dance classic, Benni Bennassi - Satisfaction. However, on the whole a good album although really similar to everything 'electro' at the moment. However, defiantly going to try catch them at The GE this year as reckon they'll be more fun live.

Anyway onto The Long Blondes latest, 'Couples' which I thought after a few listens was a complete letdown. Although, tracks Century and Erin O'Connor were enjoyable, it all sounds too try hard. Oh that "difficult second album". I'm sure I'll get into it more after a few more listens.



Have promised myself not to buy any more gig tickets, after failing to see The Presets last week due to illness, I keep wasting money. Furthermore I'm going to 3 festivals this year and need to save. Unless someone REALLY amazing decides to play... Like Mutya at Wild Fruit, then, and only then I'll cough up.



No comments: